Download your free Royal Parks Half Marathon app The Royal Parks Half Marathon, taking place this Sunday, 7th October, is offering spectators a free interactive app to track their friends and family taking part.
Developed by the Royal Parks Foundation Half Marathon and Limelight Sports, spectators to the event can download the free mobile app to view an interactive guide to the race day, half marathon route and track runners progress.
The app offers spectators a live tracking facility to monitor up to five runners (searched by surname or race number) as they progress over the course, outlining their location, time, predicted finish time and split times from timing mats sited every 5km.
Users will also be provided with suggested runners to follow, so they can keep track of their favourite celebrity or professional athlete throughout the race. The course information is clearly presented with detailed maps locating mile markers and refreshment areas, local points of interest for spectators to understand more about the area.
The app also offers an interactive map of the festival area and guide to activities at the half marathon Food & Fitness Festival, including the main stage bill of live music acts, food stalls and activity zone which this year is even bigger and better including a climbing wall, Kayak simulator, pro-golf game and parkour park.
The iPhone App is now available as a FREE download from the Apple App Store
The app features include:
- Live updates for friends and family of their favourite runners as they reach timing points along the course
- Estimated finishing times of runners
- A map of the course including a runner’s current location, along with locations of water, timing mats, mile markers, and points of interest
- A map of the Food & Fitness Festival, including the running order of all events occurring on the stage throughout the day
- Fully searchable race results captured live at the finish line
For those without an iphone
Spectators without an iphone can still track up to five runners on their way around the course by using the web tracker: http://tracker.royalparkshalf.com